Montreal, October 31, 2016 – WICC Québec is proud to announce that the 2016 edition of its annual fundraising event raised a record $86,000. With over 360 guests attending from the P&C industry and various business partners, this gala has become the not-to-be-missed event which just keeps on growing.
It was the opportunity to recognize the important contribution of all sponsors, as well as the various fundraising activities held throughout the year to support WICC Québec:
- The Quebec Risk and Insurance Management Association organized a Pub Quiz, raising $2,155.
- An Intact/WICC Québec team participated in the Relay for Life, generating $11,000 $ for the Canadian Cancer Society.
- CNA raised a $1,700 $ at its golf tournament, in addition to its recent $5,000 donation.
- Julie Richard, a WICC Québec Board member and cancer survivor, held High Tea for Gen Re clients, raising $1,000.
- Lastly, Opta Information Intelligence, Indemnipro and RMS organized Jean Fridays, totalling $660.
‘’We would like to thank all those who made this evening possible, namely our sponsors for their commitment, our guests, as well as the firms and individuals who donated gifts or money, in addition to the members of the WICC Québec committee. Thank you all”, added WICC Québec co-chairs, Jean Bertrand and Samir Hasbani.
Since its foundation in 2009, WICC Québec has given $460,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society.
WICC was created in 1996, in Ontario. This year marks WICC’s 20th anniversary. Today, WICC has chapters across Canada, all dedicated to the same cause. Since its foundation, WICC has donated $12.6 to the Canadian Cancer Society, with 100% of donations in support of research.